This week’s “Intimacy Intervention” Essence advice column: love, infidelity, heartbreak and dating a man currently serving in the armed services.
For additional insight, please don’t forget to also watch the moving and courageous video diary below from a young military wife sharing the rough transition that she’s been experiencing as a newlywed of four months. Her video is called “The Story of an Army Wife: From Long Distance Relationship to Marriage.”
Please note the wisdom she shares when she says, “love (alone) is not enough to get you through marriage.” Her updated YouTube video blog is called Chrystyn’s View.
This week’s Essence advice column addressed a woman dating and hoping to be married to a man in the military. The issue is that he cheated, is currently deployed and she doesn’t know whether or how to be intimate with him when he returns.
This is an incredibly challenging issue.
Can you imagine being worried about the life and safety of your partner while being angry, hurt and betrayed at the same time?
In addition to giving her laser coaching advice via the column, I also referred her to MilitaryTimes.com, a site with a forum for military girlfriends. It would certainly be helpful to have a community of people dealing with similar issues.
Read this week’s advice column here.
Featured Photo: Army Wives, Lifetime, Wikipedia Commons
More Passionate Living!
- How to Find Your Soul Mate with Love Therapist Dr. Carmen Harra
- How to Date Out of the Box! Interracial, Interfaith, Online Love
- Sacred Feminine Wisdom with Donna D’Cruz: Spirituality & Sensuality
- Talk Show Love Intervention! Respecting the Mother of Your Children
- My Favorite Short, Curly Afro Hairstyles! A Natural Hair Photo Diary
- Essence Advice Column: Husband Using Racial Slurs vs. Wife